Friday, September 4, 2015

The world is so big, and I am so small.

Article after article, post after post, heartbreak, soapbox's, lifestyles, crafts, ways of living...........  So many things, and only one me.  I want to do it all.  Be the crafty mom, the hot skinny mom, the artist, the leader, the humanitarian, the protester, the chef, the friend and housemate, the wife, the perfect human being.  Only I am not.  Not perfect and only one person.  I have tried, oh how I have tried.  To be all that we should be, but I am only one person.  The more that I try to do all the less I seem to do.  Butter spread across too much bread.  My heart breaks.  I read about the Syrian crisis and want to open my home, build bunk beds in every room, cook huge pots of beans and rice.....  But I can't, there is no physical way this can happen right now because they aren't here, they are over there.  So many things, the world is so big, and I am so small.  We anesthetize ourselves with media, videos, cat pictures, and small personal stories where we can pass judgement.  Nothing but diversion.  Apathy, denial, complacency.  Share and article about it and my job is done.  Nothing changes.  Slipping into doing nothing because everything is overwhelming.  The world is so big, and I am so small.  No more excuses.  Bloom where you are planted, touch the lives around you and let those in other places do the same.  Quality over quantity.  Because honestly if every human being simply poured into those around them the world would be a beautiful place.

2 comments:

  1. Prayer is universal and international. Prayer can reach out to the Father and his spirit can simultaneously touch the spirit of someone across the nation, across the world. Not just in spirit, but in circumstance. I understand your frustration at wanting to physically change things for hurting people. Do what you can, You will: You do. And reach out in the spirit to the Father, and find comfort in his presence, knowing that your prayers have a power that your body has not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we knew the names of the organizations helping the refugees, we could add our monetary help to our prayers for them. Even a small offering would be helpful. God knows our heart.

    ReplyDelete