Tuesday, August 4, 2015

A God who moves mountains.

Moving mountains has never been my thing.  People say its all the rage, getting the big stuff taken care of, but for me it never happened.  You get used to the mountain, start enjoying the view, not realizing all that it is impeding, not allowing.  People say prayer moves mountains, but I have been one to wind through the switch back trails, the ups and downs, sheer edges, unseen turns, never knowing what to expect.  Or to tunnel under, moving earth and more earth so as not to disturb the giant.  Going out of your way to make it seem as nothing has changed.  But a mountain changes everything, the very landscape of your life, impeding your path, and stalling your destination.  I am tired of this mountain, it has no beauty, it was not carved by Gods hand but rather placed there with different design.  It is rubble, garbage, good intentions gone wrong, mindsets that wouldn't shift, it is full of attitude, unwilling to bend, shaped with all the mistakes that come with life and casts a shadow on the land.  I had become so accustomed to it, that when it began to shift I did not know what to do, but slowly it is coming down.  Piece by piece, bit by bit, and I am once again aware that I serve a God who moves mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment