Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Power of choice.........

There are moments that open our eyes to the frailty of human kind.  Even as I sit here typing with one hand simply because of a fall, I grieve the loss of another friends baby and am struck by how finite we are.  We can fight against it, speak of how horribly unfair it is and attempt to draw out our lives for as long as possible.  Yet we will still remain finite, fragile and all too human.  It would be easy to slip into a nihilistic view of life, but that would only trivialize our existence all the more.  Powerlessness creates impotence.  And so I choose to believe in the Infinite God.  I choose to trust.  The power of this choice breathing life into my existence, giving me reason to continue.  And hope for a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment